2012-09-21

the daily news

Here comes a big post of dumb shit! How exciting. (But hey, IT'S FRIDAY! Yay!)

I don't even know where to begin so I suppose I could just start off with the first thing that comes to mind and just ramble on and on and throw in a couple of songs in between that I've been listening to lately and shove in some pictures of my evidently boring life so I can reflect on all this shit in the future.

So, to begin, I guess I will say that I made it onto the senior volleyball team! Well, I would've made it on even if I sucked at the tryouts because basically, there was only 11 girls there and my coach was willing to take 12-15 people on the team. And seeing as how there were less girls than he was planning to take, he didn't cut anyone obviously and that was basically the team. In fact, the second 'tryout', which wasn't even really a tryout, was more like a practice to be very honest. This past weekend, we already played our first game, in a tournament. I was a bit nervous going in there because we only had basically two practices prior to the tournament and I felt we weren't exactly ready, however when it came time for the games, we actually did pretty well, which I was surprised about. In fact, I'm proud to say that I was put in the starting lineup and I'm proud to say that I played pretty well! Well, I played better than I expected myself to, and so that's pretty great for me. I remember last year, how I just hated volleyball because I didn't exactly like my team (the grade 12s on my team, I guess) and I just didn't even want to be a part of the team or attend practices or games anymore (but I did anyway). I was sad because I really enjoyed volleyball in grade 10 because we won the city champs and went to the provincials, and then in grade 11 I just could not play at all and I was horrible. This year though, things have changed, and I guess I can say that I'm better than ever. Hah that just sounded cheesy as fuck! But really, I actually enjoy going to practices again and I actually can't wait for them. But what sucks is that my next practice is on Monday, which is the day I have no school. So I have to come to school at 3 for a volleyball practice despite the fact I have no school! Ugh. But at least I can still go shopping in the morning! I'm planning on going to Main Street and going to Front & Company and hopefully F As In Frank because it looks pretty cool in there.

Anyway I was listening to 'California' by Phantom Planet recently:



Many of you will probably recognize this as The O.C.'s theme song and yes while listening to this, I started thinking about The O.C. (which used to be my favourite show several years ago) and thinking about it made me feel kind of... nostalgic? That's not exactly the right word, but it made me want to rewatch the entire show with all the seasons and everything but I don't have much time at the moment so I'm planning to spend either my winter break or spring break basically sitting here watching The O.C. all over again! Hehe I remember doing that with Make It Or Break It a couple years ago! Actually, speaking of MIOBI, I really want to rewatch that too... Maybe I'll rewatch The O.C. in winter break and MIOBI during spring break. Yay! Now I'm actually pretty excited.

Oh um this is what I wore a couple days ago! Two days ago, on Wednesday, to be exact.

h&m shirt, charles & 1/2 varsity jacket, american apparel shorts nine west shorts, american apparel backpack (which you cannot see)

Yeah I was meaning to post this outfit but I just totally forgot about it and yeah. So here it is now! ^_^

Also, ODD FUTURE CONCERT IN 4 FUCKING DAYS! Oh my god I'm actually so excited! It's on September 25 and ahhhhhhh I'm so excited! Sagan Lockhart's having a photo that day too between 1-5 pm and as much as I would love to go, I don't think I'm going to, because I honestly don't want to cut class and also after school I think I'm going to go home, get ready, and then go line up for the concert. Sigh. Maybe I'll go, if I have time, but then again, I probably won't. I mean, I'd really love to go and meet OF in person but we'll see. I'll ask my friend about it and yeah.



Speaking of OF, here's a song I've been really into lately. 'The Daily News' by Domo Genesis featuring Spaceghostpurrp, Earl, and Action Bronson! I really love it, and but I don't think it's going to be in their setlist. Wah.

So today was the release of the iPhone 5! And being the cheap asian that I am, you know what that means? It means it's time to get the iPhone 4S because its prices are going to drop! Hehehe but seriously, I don't think I can afford the iPhone 5 right now, so I'm just going to stick with getting 4S. Besides, the 4S has more cases (and a big reason why I'm getting an iPhone to begin with is CASES! HEHE) and I don't mind having a 4S... even though the iPhone 5 is clearly prettier... and better... and did I mention prettier... OKAY I'm going to stop now. But at the same time, I want an Android too, like the Samsung Galaxy SIII, but the iPhone has more cases...

Anyway, school's been all right lately. Except for Calculus and Math. Those two are, well, killing me. And like, I don't know if I should ask for help. I mean, I should, but I hate asking for help because I feel so awkward, despite the fact that it would really help me out a ton. Well, meanwhile, I'll just continue to die quietly in the back the classroom. I'm kidding, but I'm going to go to my math tutor and get some help tomorrow. But oh god, I have a calculus test on Tuesday and I DON'T GET ANYTHING. Well, I get some things, but it's confusing as fuck! Ughhhhhh.

Oh and also here is a relaxing/kind of relaxing song that I've been listening to lately! ^_^ It's 'Werewolf' by CocoRosie and I keep falling asleep listening to it and I really love it.



So anyway, Artona is nearing! It's the graduation photos. I have group photo appointments booked on Friday, November 9 (no classes that day) and my individual graduation pictures booked on Sunday November 18. I'm going to get my hair and makeup done. My hair I'm not sure yet but I want a nice loose wave look, because I have a lot of hair since it's not really that layered and not thinned at all so I feel like if I do big curls, I'll look like a... lion. Haha but really. I'll probably go to some Asian hair salon (I'll have to go look for one that seems good) since I'm assuming they know how to work with Asian hair better. As for my makeup, I think I'll just go get it done at MAC. I'm hoping to go with a simple sweet smokey eye kind of look, but not TOO smokey. I hope they can do my eyeliner the way I like it, because my eye creases aren't very big (like, the area between my eyelashes and crease) so I prefer my eyeliner to be thin with a wing at the end, so that you can still see some skin between the eyeliner and crease, if that makes sense. But yeah.

As for my dress, it looks like this:


It's from BCBG Max Azria and I got it in the US and it was on sale, so I got it for about $130. I'm thinking about getting another dress, like a different dress for the group photos considering I want to wear this for the individual photos. The thing is, I'm super picky about dresses and I don't know if I will find another one I really like. If I do, maybe I'll buy it. If not, I suppose I'll stick with only one dress.

And people are already thinking about their prom dresses! Wow it seems so early to be thinking about them, yet alone buying them. I mean, prom isn't until June! But I was looking at some dresses online and I realized that I have no idea what type of prom dress I want. I mean, everyone's all into those dresses with like sparkly silver bands and stuff and I think it's kind of, well, ugly. I want a pretty and elegant one but I have no idea what style I want. Ugh. I should be focusing on school and stuff though, rather than looking for prom dresses for now. I mean, some days when I'm supposed to be on the computer doing homework, I find myself wandering on websites and looking through their dress selections! Ugh I need to control myself. Haha.

Oh and here's another song by Domo Genesis that I really like. I like the beat. The song's called 'Benediction':



Here's a few more songs I like:





I realized that I love MellowHype's BlackenedWhite album. Like, I listen to a lot of songs from that album, even though they have a newer album that's gonna be released soon: Numbers.

Anyway, I think I'm going to end it here.

P.S. I had a dream either last night or the night before (I honestly can't remember anymore) about my crush piggybacking someone else and I was being piggybacked too. I don't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment