2012-07-14

oh mama

Oops I did it again. I forgot to do my weekly post-about-my-life-that-no-one-probably-cares-about post every Friday. Well, kind of. I mean, I went shopping from 2-9 pm so I didn't really have time. Okay.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Yesterday, I went shopping with my weird friends named Madalene and Tara. This is what I wore:

tna shirt, mom's cardigan, american apparel shorts, thrifted bag, aldo shoes

I wanted to find a cute bikini for the summer so I tried finding one yesterday. I was trying to find a bandeau-style bikini top because I heard that it flatters smaller chests (and I have, like, no boobs) so yeah. At first I couldn't find anything, but then I stumbled into American Apparel and bought this adorable mix and match black ruched bikini bandeau and watermelon print high-waist bottoms:


To be honest, I've never owned (well, I wore my sister's once with a t-shirt over it for swimming in PE but besides that) a bikini in my life nor have I worn one just like that without anything over it. But this summer, I felt like I needed to be less.. insecure and worried about my looks, I guess? I felt like since I am turning 17 soon (on September 13 ^_^), becoming a senior next school year in high school and my teenage years are soon coming to an end, I should have some fun and just stop constantly worrying about what others think of me. Well, of course, I still worry a bit about how others view me, but I feel like I've gained some confidence and self-esteem lately and that I should just enjoy myself and my life. So here I am. I've always been really self-conscious about my body (especially my stomach, because it has always been fat throughout my childhood and even now I still feel like it's fat) but someone told me that I should just stop worrying, because in reality no one actually will notice. Oh, and another thing I've done is that I've stopped wearing foundation. Well, partly because I'm running out. BUT STILL, I used to be really insecure about my face (I have some redness and acne) and I would cover my face in foundation no matter what every time I leave the house, but now I just conceal any redness that stands out so I think this is a start for me being more confident about myself.

But enough about me and my insecurities and back to my day yesterday.


I also watched 'The Amazing Spider-Man' and it was pretty good. Dr. Curt Connors creeped me out. But Peter Parker's wardrobe was really nice. And way less nerdy. And Andrew Garfield was hot.

Well, I have to go do some homework for summer school now. I have 3 tests this coming week. GREAT. LIFE IS JUST GREAT. I had 3 tests this past week, too. I'm not even on the third week of summer school yet of these six weeks of horror and torture. I'm currently getting 91.2% which is good considering I'm aiming for 90+ but bad considering I'm getting only 6th in the class. And also 91% is not good enough for university (not that this Chem 11 course will be used toward university admission.. I'm just saying) but I really need to study harder and do all my homework. I should do some practice questions and prepare for my upcoming test on Monday now. Sigh. I hope I make it through this. Well, at least my teacher is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment